Simthread Glow in the Dark Thread for Embroidery, detailed review
Simthread Glow in the Dark Embroidery Thread, 550 or 1100 yards
Add bright glowing details to any knitting, sewing or crochet project with this glow in the dark thread.
Why is this Simthread embroidery thread a great glow in the dark product?
- After exposure to bright light for 20 minutes (preferably direct sunlight), this fluorescent thread will glow in the dark for at least 3 hours.
- Simthread uses only eco-friendly materials to manufacture its products. It is made out of 100% cotton.
- You can buy thread spools containing 550 yards (502 m) or 1100 yards(1005 m) of glow in the dark embroidery thread from this seller.
- The seller proposes different colors of this glow in the dark embroidery thread : pink, blue, grey, yellow, white and green.
- The thickness of this thread is about 150D, which is a little bit thicker than polyester thread with 120D.
- This seller also proposes 12 color sets, 22 color sets, 40 color sets, 63 color sets and 120 color sets.
- This product has free shipping and free returns.
For glowing sewing and embroidery work
- 550 or 1100 yards
- 100% cotton
- multi-use thread
- eco-friendly material
- the thread breaks more easily depending on the needle size used
What people love about this Simthread Glow in the Dark Embroidery Thread
- You can perfectly wash items made out of this glow in the dark thread. It should normally withstand about 100 wash cycles, so the glowing effect is really long lasting.
- This thread can be used in a regular sewing machine.
- A embroidery hobbyist suggest the best needle to use is a very sharp 90/14 universal needle.
- Some great ideas involve embroidery for Halloween details and Día de los Muertos skulls.
- Items embroidered with this kind of glow in the dark thread are always a real hit with youngsters.
Tips to use this Simthread Glow in the Dark Embroidery Thread
- The glowing effect of this thread begins to weaken after a couple of hours. You can recharge it again by exposing the thread to a bright light source.
- For better results, use a sewing machine needle with a slightly larger eye. For this glow in the dark thread, a #14 needle is recommended (#9 to #11 would be used for polyester thread).
- If you are using this thread to make friendship bracelets, it is recommended to twist together several strands at once to get something thick enough to work with. Otherwise the bracelets would be way too thin.
- The thread might not glow yet when you’ve first purchased it. It is the exposure to light that makes it glow. So you will have to put it under light first before seeing the effect.
Create vivid details on your embroidery and sewing projects with this glow in the dark thread.