If you’re looking for yarn that not only looks and feels warm and soft, but also enhances the security of the person who is wearing the item, you’ve found the right product.
You might not want to knit a complete hat or scarf from fluorescent material, it might be a bit too much, but with Red Heart you have neon details that will heighten visibility.
Why is this Red Heart reflective yarn a great glow in the dark product?
- This yarn comes in bulky weight, it’s a 3 packs skeins.
- This reflective yarn is available in purple, orange, black, neon green and peacock. The orange and the neon green are more expensive than the other 3 colors.
- A reflective strip runs through every skein.
- This yarn is made from 85% acrylic and 15% polyester.
- This yarn is known as Bulky Weight #5, Chunky, Craft or Rug Weight knitting yarn.
- There is 88 yards of yarn per skein (equivalent of 80m).
- The pack of 3 contains a total of 264 yards/10.5oz (241 meters/300gr) of knitting yarn.
Beautiful vanilla color that turns into peppermint green in the dark
- 85% acrylic, 15% polyester
- 88 yards in length (80m)
- super soft
- reflects light
- soft and non-irritating
- the reflective strip isn't always easy to catch
What people love about this Red Heart reflective yarn
- This yarn is great for visibility when walking in the dark.
- The added reflective strip doesn’t make the yarn scratchy, even though you feel that it is rough and rigid when you touch it separately.
- Great for knitting hats, headbands, (fingerless) gloves and ear warmers.
- A customer has made a reflective dog sweater with this reflective yarn !
- Oncoming cars can see the sparkle of the reflective yarn, without being blinded by your shining presence !
- There’s a great variety of colors available from the same seller, so there’s always a color that you will love.
- Lovely sparkling reflective details, great for arts & crafts projects as well.
- Customers report this is not the easiest yarn to work with, but the end result always turns out to be absolutely gorgeous.
Tips to use this reflective yarn
- Gauge is 4″=14 stitches on size 10 needles. The suggested crochet hook is J10.
- Only hand wash (hand wash cycle in washing machine also) garments made of this yarn, and lay flat to dry. To make it dry faster, put it between 2 towels. Do not bleach, do not iron.
- Each pack of 3 contains the same dyelot.
- The reflective strip sometimes sticks out a bit or separates from the yarn, be careful when first starting to knit.
End sparkling details to your gloves, hats or scarves with this Red Heart reflective yarn.