Do you love home baking ? Do you often make birthday cakes yourself and you want to try something new ?
Food coloring opens up so many new possibilities to create colored variations of your favorite creations.
Food coloring exists in three types : liquid, gel and powder. Here’s our review of a powdered food coloring.
Why is this Cakegirls powdered food coloring set a great glow in the dark product?
- This set of powdered food coloring contains 8 vivid colors : cherry pink, brown, royal blue, emerald green, leaf green, lemon yellow, orange and Christmas red.
- This powdered coloring adds color to your product without the need to add liquid.
- This food coloring is odorless and tasteless. It doesn’t alter the texture of your recipe.
- This food coloring is made out of dextrose, which is derived from plant starches. It is suitable for vegans.
- This set of food coloring is returnable within 30 days of receipt.
- Each jar contains 4 grams of powder (0.141 ounces)
- This set comes with a list of pro-uses by Cakegirls.
The perfect dry powdered food coloring for meringues, chocolate and macarons
- easy to use, no staining
- made from natural ingredients
- suitable for vegans
- no need to add more moisture to your recipe
- it is not kosher
What people love about this glow in the dark powdered food coloring
- It is 100% food dye, so this coloring won’t change anything to the texture of the taste of the food you’re adding it to
- Powdered food coloring is the best food coloring to use for the painting of chocolate, macarons and meringues, because you don’t have to add moisture.
Tips to use this glow in the dark powdered food coloring
- You can use this food coloring as paint, you just have to dilute it with a liquid like clear extract or vodka to obtain the desired consistency. Make sure to practice on an extra piece of fondant first to make sure it’s exactly right.
- It’s a great idea to use for creative projects with children. They will be stunned to hear they can actually eat this dye !
- If you’re looking to use this food coloring in butter cream frosting, but for this type of preparation gel food coloring is more recommended because it give you a much more saturated color.
- You can use this powder to make colored lip gloss.
- For use on modeling chocolate here are a few tips. Modeling chocolate is fat based and powdered food coloring cannot be used as such. It is recommended to dry brush the powder on the modeling chocolatefor an accent color while the chocolate is still oily and not completely dried. If you want a more saturated color, you can also mix the powder with cocoa butter and brush it on like a thick paint.
Paint your meringues, macarons and chocolat in bright and vivid colours !